Since Nuun’s announcement of the Hood to Coast Team in April, I have thought about the race approximately 1,963,047,850 times. This is truly not an exaggeration. I absolutely cannot wait to board the plane on August 22nd and head to Seattle to meet some amazing people and promote a product that I strongly believe in.
I have also been waiting *patiently* since that day in April for the awesome people at Nuun to announce the 12-person teams and which legs we will be running. That announcement was made yesterday and it makes it all seem even closer and more real.
I am BEYOND excited to be a part of Team Morning AfterNuun Delight!
I am in Van 1, Runner #2. My fellow van mates are:
- Runner #1: Tricia from Tricia Minnick
- Runner #3: Stephanie from Epicurious Runner
- Runner #4: Jess from Blonde Ponytail
- Runner #5: Caitlin from Nuun
- Runner #6: Nicole from Ricole Runs
- Runner #7: Erin from Nuun
- Runner #8: Elizabeth from Running for Bling
- Runner #9: Dorothy from Mile Posts
- Runner #10: Amanda from Runninghood
- Runner #11: Jennifer from The Fit Fork
- Runner #12: Marjorie (XLMIC) from Taking it On
I can’t wait to meet everyone (including all of the ladies on Team Noon and Team Night)!
Here is the breakdown of my legs:
I got my first choice of legs, which is so awesome. I originally wanted this position because it has challenging legs and a variety of runs including a downhill run, a flat run and a run with rolling hills. I am also excited that I am in Van 1, because that means I will get the opportunity to go to the top of Mt. Hood for the start of the race!
I know that August is going to sneak up on me quickly and between now and then, I definitely need to include some double days in my schedule. I should also practice running downhill so that I don’t trash my legs on the first run!!
Motivation Alert: I am thinking I will start my two-a-day runs tomorrow