Happy Friday! Despite being out of the office on Monday and Tuesday, this week really seemed to drag, but, alas, I made it!
Before I head straight for a glass of wine, I wanted to share a few things going on with some of my blog (and real life) friends and some other random nonsense:
- My blog/email/gchat friend, Jaclyn (who also has a schnoodle!), has taken a huge leap of faith, left her corporate job, and all the comforts that come along with it, to start her own business. It is an online and brick and mortar retail store specializing in nutrition for endurance athletes. They even carry Nuun! I have the logo/link in my sidebar, so feel free to check it out.
(P.S. I get nothing but the pleasure of helping a friend for sharing this with you)
Speaking of blog friends, WAY back in August after I returned from Hood to Coast, I did a giveaway for a Sparkle Skirt. The sweetest girl, Betsy, won the skirt and since (at the time) she didn’t have a blog, I asked her for a picture of her racing in it so that I could share here. Now Betsy has a blog and has totally fallen in love with running, but I still want to share the picture because she is just so darn cute!
- My absolute favorite running partner and one of my best friends, Char, is running the Charleston Marathon this weekend. She has BQ’d TWICE already at 3:40 in 2009 and 2010, but Boston was sold out before she could register. Tomorrow she will attempt her 3rd BQ at 3:35 and I am almost as nervous as if I were running myself.
- Last night Alicia offered me an extra ticket to see Sister Act at the Peace Center here in Greenville. We went to dinner, then went to the show at 7:15. Alicia is preggers (eeek!) and I am just old (and got up a 5 a.m. for a track workout) so we were both falling asleep during the play. At intermission, we left and went home. And now I know that marathon training has officially begun…
- This will be my first full weekend at home since December 15. I have been out of town for 4 consecutive weekends and couldn’t be more ready for a relaxing weekend of running, watching football and hanging out with friends that I am sure practically forgot we exist. (Also the reason I am not in Charleston with Char)
- This is technically a 3 day weekend for my company because Monday is MLK Day, but since I have to go to IL next week for work, I have to travel Monday afternoon
- Brad and I just got new life insurance policies so we have to get physicals and blood work done tonight. Fortunately they come to our house to do it, but definitely not the ideal way to spend my Friday evening (guess the wine will have to wait?!).
- I am still at the point in marathon training where I am excited about and look forward to every run. Prior to Tuesday, it was sometimes an anxious feeling, wondering if the run would be a disaster or if it would finally be a good one. Now, I am just excited for the new challenges that nearly every run brings and to keep seeing progress. I have 15 miles on the schedule for tomorrow morning and I can’t wait!
And with that, I wish you all happy running, racing and a fantastic weekend!