Happy Almost-Friday! I don’t know about y’all, but my week is draaaagging by, but were almost there and in the meantime, I thought I would share some fun things from my week:
- I went trail running! In the dark! My (super fast) twitter friend, Matt, tweeted Monday night that he was going trail running with some friends early Tuesday morning and asked if I wanted to join. I said sure, why not?! So, armed with my headlamp, I met Matt and 3 other guys near Paris Mountain State Park on Tuesday morning and we ran 5 gloriously dark miles on single-track trails. It was exhilarating and terrifying at the same time. In some moments, I was craving light, but mostly I felt happily wrapped up by the darkness. I nearly rolled my ankle about 38,497 times and I am not sure if I should be proud or embarrassed that the guy behind me told me “Nice Save!” several times on the run as I avoided catastrophic face plants. The guys go every Tuesday morning at 6 a.m. and I definitely plan to become a regular.
- I got my Keystone/Breckenridge/A-Basin Season Pass yesterday! It is a great deal (a season pass is essentially the same price as a week pass) and we love to snowboard so it was a no-brainer. We are heading to Breckenridge for a week with Brad’s family after Christmas and then to Keystone for a long weekend in February with some friends. I can’t wait!! Crossing my fingers for a dumping of snow between now and then.
- I am going to New Orleans next week for work, then running the Kiawah 1/2 marathon next weekend! I am excited to race this distance for the first time since March. I have cut out all speed work since B2B to give my body a break before Eugene training starts, but I have kept my mileage up and am looking forward to seeing how I do. I am definitely feeling the lack of speed work in my long run paces, but with a good taper (yes-I’m actually tapering for a 1/2), and fresh legs, I am hoping to chase down a new PR!
And now for some completely random things…
- I received a big Picky Bar delivery yesterday (Ordered at a 30% discount last weekend!). This is the 2nd time I have ordered them and they are, hands down, my favorite energy bars. And I have tried many.
- I am not on the “I need to get back on track” bandwagon after Thanksgiving and I honestly don’t really get it. Why can’t you indulge for a couple of days and then go back to your normal lifestyle without a big ado? My friend Lauren also touched on the subject here.
- I am SUPER excited for everyone racing 26.2 this weekend! So much good luck and speedy wishes to Sarah and Terzah as they go after BQ’s this weekend at CIM. Also to Mason, Meghann (her first!) and Twitter friends, Paulette and Holly at CIM and to Krissy at Three Bridges Marathon in Charlottesville, VA. Am I missing anyone?! I am sure I am! Tell me if you are racing and, of course, if there is tracking so I can stalk you :)