As you can imagine, now that I am within the 2 week window of my race, my thoughts are starting to get a little crazy. I won’t go into details about how I get butterflies every time I think about the race, because it’s only going to get worse in the next 12 days…I am sure most of you can relate.
So I will share with you some other random thoughts that I am having right now…
- I realize (and don’t love) that this blog has turned into ONLY talk about all things triathlon! I realized it when Sarah posted about the same here. The issue is that my life sort of revolves around this race right now and therefore, the blog has become a reflection of that. While I worry I won’t have anything (meaningful) to post about after the race, I am looking forward to the blog becoming more what it used to be…a mix of life, running, pups, etc.
- On the same note, I am completely over my weekly recaps. I just feel like they are kind of boring and a post that just fills empty space every week. With that being said, I recently enjoyed looking back over the posts leading up to Augusta, so I am glad I did them. I just may try to figure out another approach for races in the future (like a journal?) where I can document what I did and how I felt, without having to bore the internet with it .
- I am in Virginia Beach. I got here yesterday and leave tonight. Whirlwind trip that started WAY too early on a Monday morning, especially considering I had to give a presentation that I didn’t know very well about an hour after arriving. Blargh, I survived.
- I haven’t seen my pups in 12 days. We had our back yard sodded and since they have to be off of the grass for 3+ weeks anyway, we figured this was a good time to send them to “school” where they can spend some time learning better manners (that we must also learn to enforce!). I miss them like crazy.
- I am LOVING fall TV. At the risk of everyone
thinkingknowing I have no life, I will share with you that Brad & I religiously watch about 10 shows throughout the week (in addition to football and other HGTV regulars). We always DVR and never watch live (commercials suck) and we LOVE sitting down to watch together!
- I have marathon envy. After following the training and successful races of some of my real-life friends as well as some of my Nuun teammates (shout out to Kelly, Jocelyn, Laura and Emily for kick-ass races recently!) I am VERY anxious to tackle 26.2 again. I do have some races on the schedule…which you can see here (if you are really curious, which I highly doubt) and I will talk a little more about each of them after Beach 2 Battleship.
- Brad went to the Clemson vs. Georgia Tech game last weekend with some friends. I, of course, couldn’t go because I had to complete a massive brick workout on Saturday. In preparation for a day of tailgating, he made yucca. Ever heard of it? I hadn’t, but apparently it was popular with his crew in college. Recipe: 1 handle of vodka, a shit-load of lemons (squeezed, some left in jar) and about a pound of sugar. Mix in a plastic jug, let sit for a few days and consume. It tastes like lemonade and (obviously) hits you like a ton of bricks. I completely missed out.
That’s about it for now. There are only 2 more days before I can start weather stalking the 10-day forecast. Yes, I know I said I will go with the flow regarding things that are out of my control (like weather), but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to start obsessing about what I might wear on race day, based on the forecast!