I had my eye on a sparkle skirt for a long time. I always thought it would be fun to race in one, but (for no good reason), I never committed and joined Team Sparkle.
Turns out…it definitely was! Once I put my skirt on Friday morning, I didn’t take it off until well after the race was over…
I know, I know…there are definitely some polarizing opinions on running in a brightly colored, sparkly skirt. So, why did I like the Team Sparkle skirt so much?
- It is fun! The comments that people make and the cheers and attention that it brings are all really fun (if you like that sort of thing…and I do :))
- I love how light and airy it is. It kind of “swishes” around when you walk and just flies behind you when you run!
- You can wear any shorts, pants, capris, skirt underneath that you would normally run in. I love how the skirt slips right over my regular running shorts and was more flattering than just the shorts alone.
- The colors! I loved my pink one, but I have my eye on the turquoise one that super-cute Laura and Caitlin (see above) wore at Hood to Coast.
- Just because you are “racing” or are a “serious” runner doesn’t mean you can’t sparkle. I found that I didn’t really notice the skirt at all. And I couldn’t wait to run right by some guy who thought that I was silly for wearing the skirt
- The company was started and is run (no pun intended) by three running moms, including Kelly, (who just BQ’d last weekend!!) who I had the opportunity to spend time with at Hood to Coast. The story of how the three ladies turned a fun idea into a legit business is inspiring.
Maybe you are, like me, interested in a Team Sparkle skirt, but haven’t pulled the trigger on ordering one? Or maybe you are a huge fan and just want another color? Well, here is your chance to join the Team! I am giving away a skirt, color of your choice, to one of you! All you have to do is leave one comment for each of the following:
- Tell me what color skirt you would order. See the colors here. (And check out the other fun visors, socks, etc. while you are at it!)
- Follow @RunTeamSparkle on Twitter. (Or let me know if you already do.)
- Tweet about the give away. You can use this: “I want to win a @RunTeamSparkle skirt from @coreymarie13! http://wp.me/p1Ln9h-Aa“
The contest will run until Monday at noon and I will pick a random winner. (The contest is only open for US Residents.)