(Mostly) Wordless Wednesday

This is where I will be for the next 5 days…

…at Lake of the Ozarks, MO with Brad and my parents. There will be some swimming (with my mom as kayak support…yay!) and definitely some hilly running, but mostly just a lot of relaxing, boating, wakeboarding and Olympics watching.

Forgive me here because I am about to get really cheesy sentimental on you…

After a stressful few days, I am feeling very blessed today. Not just because of the material things like a lake house and boat, etc. but also for my family and a husband who is excited to spend time with my family.

For the first time in a long time after my workout(s) this morning I stopped and thought about how fortunate I am to be healthy and able to push my body really hard. I am not sure why I forget to acknowledge this regularly, I guess I just get caught up in life, but I feel very blessed today to have a strong, healthy body that allows me to do what I love.

I hope you all have a great rest of the week and weekend! I will probably be on Twitter and may do a little blog reading this weekend, but I am mostly going off the grid till next weekend!

This entry was posted in family, swimming, the lake, weekend fun. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to (Mostly) Wordless Wednesday

1. Jaclyn says:

Have fun training and wake boarding! Great combo!

Have a great time, Corey!

3. Caroline says:

You are so right we need to remember how lucky we are. As I get older I do recognize that a lot more. Have a great time with your family!!!

Yes, you are! It’s so important to take time to be grateful… made me stop and think, too. Enjoy your break!!

5. LizzieRogueRunner says:

Fun!!! Do you know Annica? (http://www.annicanicole.com/) She now lives in that area. She is training for her first marathon, so if you need a running buddy, she would be a good person to contact!

6. Christina says:

Have a great vacation in the Ozarks! I used to live somewhat close to that region, I remember the lake fairly well. Enjoy yourself!

7. damn i will be so close and yet so far! we land in KC today and then drive to Iowa tomorrow. :( I wish the ozarks were a tiny bit closer and I would totally crash your family with mine. hope you have an amazing time!

I hope you had a great weekend in Iowa…funny enough, my dad’s friend who we spent time with at the lake is from Des Moines! Isn’t that where you spent the weekend?!

Hope you’re having a great time! Gotta appreciate the body – I can’t wait Til mine is ready to go 110% again.

9. I’m hopelessly behind on reading blogs, but am trying to catch up! I can’t believe you’re in the Ozarks – that’s my neck of the woods….except I’m not there right now :) I hope you have a great time and get to relax, I’m sure it will be gorgeous!

And, I agree, it’s always good to remind ourselves of all of our good fortune. Have a great time!

I love going to the Ozarks! We are at the lake on the Missouri side though. Are you close to the Arkansas side? Brad’s parents have a house there and we try to get up there a few times every summer!

10. Pingback: Going With the Flow |